My spouse lost their job and stopped paying child support. What do I do?

The most important thing to do is file a motion with the court. If that spouse can’t pay child support due to a job loss, then court may not find them in contempt, but will assess the amount that has not been paid and order them to pay that amount once they start working again.

Topic: Child Support Law