Jacksonville Family Law Firm Helping You with Timesharing Issues

Jacksonville Family Law FirmIf your former spouse isn’t honoring the court-ordered timesharing arrangement or is refusing to return your child, our Jacksonville family law firm is here to help. We understand that these difficult issues are especially stressful, and we give you the personalized advice and representation you deserve.

Family law matters are often complicated and highly sensitive. As our client, you can count on us to defend the best interest of you and your child. When your child’s other parent is not cooperating with the court’s final judgment, the first step is to show compliance with the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act. For a Florida court to have jurisdiction in the matter, the child will have had to reside in the state for at least six months prior to any legal action.

Our family lawyers will file the relevant motions with the court to compel the other parent to honor the timesharing plan. In urgent situations, it may be possible for the judge to issue an emergency pickup order, where law enforcement retrieves the child from the other parent. The right course of action will depend on the unique details of your case, so to learn more, it’s best to call our firm to schedule a consultation.